I am a Web Developer specialized in WordPress development. I work as a Code Wrangler at Automattic, building various things on WordPress.com and open-source projects. I author/contribute to several WordPress.org plugins and contribute to WordPress core. I am located in Vancouver, BC. People call me Joey for short. I’m an avid coffee drinker, dog lover & enthusiastic traveler. This site is always a work in progress, pardon the mess🙂
WordPress Plugins & Projects
- Custom Metadata Manager: An easy way to add custom fields to your object types (post, pages, custom post types, users).
- SLD Register Post Types & Taxonomies for WordPress: Developer-focused plugin that provides an extended API to register post types and taxonomies (and unregister taxonomies) much easier and more efficiently than with default WordPress APIs
- Github Plugin updater: This class is meant to be used with your Github hosted WordPress plugins. The purpose of the class is to allow your WordPress plugin to be updated whenever you push out a new version of your plugin; similarly to the experience users know and love with the WordPress.org plugin repository.
- WordPress Editorial Calendar: The editorial calendar gives you an overview of your site and when each content entry will be published. You can drag and drop to move entries, edit entries right in the calendar, and manage your entire blog. I am a contributing developer to the plugin, led by Stresslimit Design and Zack Grossbart.
- Log Deprecated Notices Extender: extends Andrew Nacin’s Log Deprecated Notices to show a link in the WP 3.3+ Toolbar.
- The Events Calendar & The Events Calendar Pro: The Events Calendar is a fully featured event management system with multiple views, 3rd party integrations, and a slew of premium add-ons. Produced by Modern Tribe Inc (I previously was an active developer on their freelancing team) – I no longer personally develop this plugin, though it’s still backed by the same awesome team.
- WP Super Mailer gives you the power of external mailing services so that blog and custom posts can be subscribed to and mailings automatically sent – I no longer personally develop this plugin, though it’s still backed by Stresslimit Design.
- Not quite a plugin, but more of a resource, WP Search is a search-engine made just for WordPress developers that searches a number of WordPress resources.
- WordCamp Montreal 2011 — WordPress custom post types — link for slides
- WordCamp Portland 2011 — Round table discussion on WordPress development tools
- WordCamp San Diego 2012 — Using git: workflow & best practices — link for slides
- Vancouver WordPress meetup April 2012 — Developing & Debugging with WordPress— link for slides
- WordCamp Montreal 2012 — Becoming a better WordPress Developer — link for slides
Starting in 2011, I’ve made several contributions to the WordPress.org open-source project. I regularly participate in the support forums, and I create, reply to and commit bugs and tickets on the WordPress Trac. I was listed as a contributor for WordPress 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7. See my WordPress.org profile for my up-to-date contributions to WordPress.